Skip to main content

Exclusive Chat with Bhagat Chetan



Thanks Mr Chetan for coming to the show and investing your unproductive time with me.
Praveen: Mechanical Engineering from IIT Delhi followed by an MBA from IIM then started working as investment banker then a writer which was followed by a motivational speaker, judge in reality shows and finally working as Bollywood screenplay writer… Were you drunk? Or it is a Bollywood story in which you are lost in desert and searching for a way to come out from? Or it was a well-planned screenplay of your life?
Chetan: Thanks Mr Sisodiya and I hope my time investment will give you better returns on views.
Mr Sisodiya you said it right; life is a desert and to come out in a greenery, you need to find out a way. But it is not necessary every time a way will takes you out; it may drive you deeper. This is what happened with me.
I didn’t had a girlfriend till 11th standard in school. I took advice from my friends and they said no girl will fall in love with a chepu like me. They suggested me to have a tag like an IITian. I was brilliant at studies and had scored 76% in Xth standard. I studied hard and managed to secure a good rank to get admission in IIT.
I didn’t wanted any speed breaker in my love life and this is why I opted for IIT Delhi because most probably I would a girl from Delhi with same habits.
But I was proved wrong. There was not a single girl in mechanical branch. It was a desert. Luckily one of professor’s daughter accepted my proposal and what happened next you have seen in ‘3 Chaps’ expect the end because I didn’t got married to her. My love life was left incomplete.
There are certain parameters for success in Indian society and one of them is you must have IIM tag after IIT. The path of IIT had lead me deeper into IIM. I was hopeful that I may get my soul mate in IIM and with god’s grace it happened. I was married and settled. But you need money to run your home. I was creative and smart hence got placed in one of investment banks. Everything was going fine but some incidents happened which forced me to be a writer.
Number 1 was ex from IIT Delhi. She married to some hotshot writer. I want to make her jealous and writing was a good way by competing her husband. And this is why I only, I wrote my first novel on my experience based on IIT.
Number 2 was my boss at investment banks. Whenever I submitted her a report, she would comment ‘your reports look like fantasy; completely unrealistic. You should write fantasy.’ And you know, your promotions in private sector depends upon your impression on your boss and to have a good impression on your boss, you have to complete her all wishes.
Number 3 was Singapore. Singapore is a rich and expensive country and the investment bank was not paying me good. You can’t do corruption there as part so have to settle with writing.
Even after becoming writer, I was feeling supressed. I wanted to present my views on people. I wanted to preach. I wanted to give orders… It was not possible in real life and hence I joined reality shows. But you know ups and down happened there and I had to leave the industry.
You are not called a celebrity in India until you are related to Cricket and Bollywood. Screenplay writing was only practice which I could try.
Praveen: Please stop, you are getting extra detailed; people don’t have free time like we have. In short words your life have been like wave of alternating currents.
You just talked about IIT. Don’t you think you have wasted a seat of IIT and its high speed internet? If someone else have been on your seat he might done some technology advancement.
Chetan: I don’t think so; I have done advancement in making love and for proof you can ready my novels. 
Praveen: Let us move towards next question. My close friend Udja Dil is Love and relationship editor for TimePass TV. According to his sources, you had some kind of relationship with Sonam Gupta who ranked 9th in Google Trends. What’s your comment?
Chetan: Praveen bro! I wanted to share something from last many days and I was searching for a right platform and time. I think, this interview is right platform and time as your blog has an international readership.
There was something between me and her. She is my ex from IIT Delhi.
Praveen: (interrupting) what are you saying Mr Chetan?
Chetan: This is completely true. I’m not sharing this on a national news channel but an international blog. I want to share my story full of sadness.
It was winter of 2005.
Everything was going fine between Sonam and me but someone told his dad about our relationship. He wrote a screenplay to end our relationship. Sonam was trapped in her dad’s screenplay and wanted to end our relationship. I tried to pursue but she was in no mood.
I living was in IIT hostel that time and if you have lived in a hostel, you know there is always scarcity of money. You learn there that each penny has importance. But with a heavy heart, I wrote ‘Sonam Gupta bewafa he’ on three or four notes of 10 bucks and sent them to her friends in an envelope. I didn’t had a cup of tea for next three days to compensate the money, I wasted on lost love. I was able to compensate the money but couldn’t compensate my heart.
Praveeen: We just talked about a national trend Sonam Gupta. Let’s talk about some more national issues.
You say speak against all the political parties. Does it happen because they don’t send you monthly hafta?
Chetan: Nothing like that. Consider our motherland as a bus and our politicians are its drivers, conductors and cleaners. The bus is owned by its passengers and we mango people are its passengers or owner of the bus.
We have told them to give us trips with best facilities to best places but these politicians are considering themselves as owner of the bus and making us roam around in a circle without any development. They use kerosene instead of petrol, allows local passengers for extra earning, and many more things which are purely wrong.
Now, it’s duty of people of people like me who are sitting in AC in Cabin to make them realise that they are just drivers not owners.
Praveen: Your thoughts are rich. Thanks for giving me your free time. Any message you would like to give to readers?
Chetan: If you liked this interview do subscribe to YouTube channel by clicking here or follow on twitter by clicking here because social media is a powerful weapon. Your views are welcomed in the comment box below.
Jai Hind
*
This interview is only for promotional purpose.

Want to read some of the best books? Grab them with a great discount:

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to know Dae Bae directions easily?

If you are living in a Hindi speaking state then you must be often hearing the words dae (दाँए) and bae (बाएँ) which translates to right and left respectively. I was used to get confused between the two until I came across a simple trick through a Quora answer. I don't remember the author of the answer nor the question but I remember it was a survey question something like 'What are some awesome life hacks?' but the answer is with me as it solved one of my many miniature problems. You can use your hands to find the right direction. Make a circle with the thumb and index finger on both hands. Something like this will be formed: Dae (Right) Bae (Left) If you pay a little attention in the image you'll will notice that a 'd' is formed on the right hand while a 'b' on the left hand. D for Dae and B for Bae. I hope this will help you! Subscribe for more awesome post!

What is a broadcast list on WhatsApp and how to create a broadcast list? What are the benefits of creating a broadcast list?

What is a broadcast list on WhatsApp and how to create a broadcast list? What are the benefits of creating a broadcast list? इस लेख को हिन्दी में पढ़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करे à व्हाट्सएप पर ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट (प्रसारण सूची) क्या होती है और ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट (प्रसारण सूची) कैसे बनाई जाती है ? उसके क्या फायदे है ?   What is a broadcast list on WhatsApp and how to create a broadcast list? What are the benefits of creating a broadcast list? Hello friends, In our social life, there comes many instances when we want to share a particular message, image, video, document or link with many people and selecting the contacts each time is laborious work. The best example is festivals. On every festival or special occasion to wish and greet people we select all of them one by one. Here the concept of broadcast list helps. You can send message to many people simultaneously that too in personal message. In a broadcast list, you can add up to 256 people and whenever you send a messag

व्हाट्सएप पर ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट (प्रसारण सूची) क्या होती है और ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट (प्रसारण सूची) कैसे बनाई जाती है? उसके क्या फायदे है?

व्हाट्सएप पर ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट (प्रसारण सूची) क्या होती है और ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट (प्रसारण सूची) कैसे बनाई जाती है ? उसके क्या फायदे है ? व्हाट्सएप पर ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट (प्रसारण सूची) क्या होती है और ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट (प्रसारण सूची) कैसे बनाई जाती है? उसके क्या फायदे है? To read this article in English, please click here à What is a broadcast list on WhatsApp and how to create a broadcastlist? What are the benefits of creating a broadcast list? नमस्कार मित्रो! बहुत सी बार ऐसे मोके आते है जब आपको कोई मैसेज , फोटो या विडियो और लिंक बहुत से लोगो को एक साथ पहुंचाना चाहते है। आपने आप से हर बार उन लोगो को चुनना एक मेहनत वाला कम हो जाता है। इसका एक सबसे बढ़िया उदाहरण है: कोई त्योहार। जब भी कोई त्योहार या विशेष दिन आता है तो आप आपने सभी कांटैक्टस को शुभकामनाएँ और बधाई संदेश पहुँचते होंगे और हर बार सब कांटैक्टस को एक एक करके चुनते होंगे। यही पर ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट काम आती है। ब्रॉडकास्ट लिस्ट की मदद से आप अधिकतम २५६ लोगो की एक लिस्ट बना सकते है। जैसे ही आप उस लिस्ट में कोई मैसेज भेजते